A crewed yacht charter is a yacht that comes with a permanent crew, it could be a professional licensed captain only, a professional licensed captain + cook/hostess and additional crew members, depending on the size of the yacht.
There are two types of crewed charters All Inclusive Rate and Plus Expeses Rate:
The All Inclusive Rate, generally includes the fuel, all the meals, standar ship's bar, water toys and all running expenses. The charter fee does not include (optional) crew gratuities (10-20% of the charter fee), scuba diving, scuba equipment, premium beverages and fine wines, excessive alcoholic consumption, off yacht excursions, dockage, telephone, airport transfers or similar expense.
The Plus Expenses Rate only includes the use of the yacht, the crew and the yacht's insurance. The charterer will be charged for all other expenses such us food, beverages, fuel for the main engines, generators and water sports engines, cruising taxes, harbours and dockages and national parks permits fess. For all the expenses an "Advance Provisioning Allowance" (APA) of the 25-35% of the charter fee is collected along with the second instalment of your calendar of payments (see our FAQ's for a detailed information regarding the APA).
- - Once you have decided the yacht you would like to charter, we place an Option (reservation under your name) on the Yacht.
- - We send you the Charter Agreement that applies (see the most used Charter Agreements below) and an Invoice with the calendar of payments. To secure the booking a deposit of 50% of the charter fee is required along with the signed Charter Agreement. The balance is due 45-30 days before the commencement of the charter.
- - Once the Charter Agreement is signed and the deposit received, we confirm your booking and send you the Preference Sheet, that is a questionnarie about your food and beverage preferences, alergies, travel plans, activities you enjoy while on charter…etc and we send it to the crew.
- -The Captain will make an introductory call a couple of weeks/or a week before your charter starts to talk about your preferences and discuss the itinerary, activities and meeting points.
- - Once aboard we will contact you to make sure you are safely onboard and that everything is as expected.
- - After your charter we will contact you again to make sure that you have arrived home safely and to hear about your experince with the yacht, the crew and the region.
The most used Charter Agreements for Crewed Charters are: MYBA (Worldwide Yachting Association formerly known as Mediterranean Yacht Brokers Association) CYBA (Charter Yacht Brokers Association).
Don't worry we will be guiding you along the whole process!